5 Reasons why I'll always love Ibiza, Balearic Islands
Ibiza is so much more than beach parties and nightclubs. Although it has a reputation for partying, it's also one of the most beautiful islands you will ever visit. For me, Ibiza will always hold a special place in my heart. It's my childhood summer holiday destination, the place I met the love of my life and somewhere that will always feel like a home away from home. Here's 5 reasons why I'll always love Ibiza and why you should visit too...
1) It has so many beautiful beaches. Being a small island, a beach visit is pretty much always achievable. Whether you have to hop on a short bus journey or you're staying along the coast within walking distance, it will always be worth it. My favourite beach in Ibiza is Cala Llonga, a wide sandy beach with picturesque hills on either side. It's also a great spot for big waves if you're in to water sports or want to give them a try on your trip.
2) Hippy Market Punta Arabi. When I visit Ibiza, I always stay in the town of Es Canar which is the opposite side of the island to San Antonio. This also happens to be where one of the most famous Hippy Markets on the whole island is located. It runs every Wednesday - April, May and October 10:00 to 18:00 | June, July and September 10:00 to 19:00 | August 10:00 to 20:00 and attracts thousands of visitors every year. The Hippy Market is great for finding unique pieces of clothing and jewellery that you wouldn't find anywhere else. It's a really special experience with a great atmosphere. Leave yourself plenty of time to visit though, as it's quite large and difficult to navigate around!
3) There are many pool and beach parties that run during the day, meaning you don't have to stay up all night! I know this one makes me sound like a 90 year old, but often my problem on a night out is that I get too tired and need to go home and sleep haha. This is why day time pool and beach parties are the perfect option for me. During my visit back in 2016 I went to two places that I particularly enjoyed. Kisstory at O Beach and Ibiza Rocks hotel for Craig David's residency Pool Party. I'd highly recommend both but O Beach is better for crowds if you don't like being squashed together in the heat (shown in the image above).
4) The island has a real family vibe. A lot of the restaurants and bars in Es Canar where I stay are family owned and ran. They seem to remember you year after year when you return, which really makes you feel welcomed and safe there. You know that if you ever need something they would be there to help you out and it's a really nice and reassuring feeling. You will also begin to recognise familiar faces after you have been a few times as many families continue to return to the island year after year for a taste of sea, sunshine and sand.
5) Saving the best until last - Ibiza is where I met my boyfriend back on a family holiday when I was just 14 years old. I honestly believe this one was fate. At the age of 14 I didn't think I was interested in boys, until this trip. People often say when it's right you just know and I instantly did. We met via family friends in a restaurant in Es Canar back in 2011 and my life has never been the same since. After years of talking day in, day out and liking each other since we were young teenagers we finally got together back in 2017 and have never looked back. For this one alone, Ibiza... I owe you!
This post is part of a paid campaign to promote the Balearic and Canary Islands, as part of their #SpanishIslands Campaign. Although all views are my own and I have not been instructed what to include.